This policy describes how Etihad Aviation Training collects, processes uses and discloses your personal information as a data controller. It covers instances when you contact us, use our services or interact with our websites.
The information we collect
We collect the following information from our trainees directly, through bookings made by email or by telephone to one of our agents, in order to facilitate their training:
- Passport information
- Educational and training background
How we use personal information
We will hold, store and use personal information (which will be processed with/by electronic and non-electronic means) in the following ways:
- To fulfil any agreement we have with you, including the provision of training;
- To ensure that any training you arrange with us is provided to the standard you require;
- To facilitate any accreditation with a relevant body, such as the General Civil Aviation Authority of Abu Dhabi;
- To keep you (with your permission) informed about our products and services and those of our preferred partners where we think you will find this valuable (subject to your right to opt-out, which you can exercise by clicking here);
- To allow you to take part in any contest or other promotional offers you have asked to participate in;
- To analyse how our users access and navigate our services and use of the Etihad Aviation Training website;
- To get feedback from customers on the quality of our services - we may invite you to participate in questionnaires or surveys;
- To help detect and prevent criminal activity; and
- For any other purpose notified on the Etihad Aviation Training website.
We rely on the legal ground of processing in our legitimate interests when processing data for the purposes of marketing, when analysing how users make use of our websites, when obtaining information on your opinions through surveys, and when using information to understand how you utilise our services.
We may carry out analysis of the data we collect, for the purposes of establishing a profile of our customers in order to understand better how people use our services and website. We will not make any decisions that have a significant effect upon you based on this information or analysis.
Customer information and online support
If you contact us with a query or comment about any of our services, or would like us to keep you informed about latest news and developments at Etihad Aviation Training, we will need to collect information about you (including your contact details) to help us respond to your query or request. We may do this when you call our customer support centre, or interact with us through our online support tools.
We may also keep a record of any communications we have with you (including a recording of any calls you make). We do this in compliance with applicable laws to help monitor and improve the quality of our customer support services. Where you have asked to receive an information update from us, you are free to change your preferences by contacting us.
How we share information with others
We work closely with a number of trusted partners with whom we need to share personal information to help us provide our services. These include:
- Banks and payment providers, to authorize and complete payments;
- Service providers who work with us to help provide our services, including local agents who help manage customer needs at airports or operate our limousine service, and contractors who help us run our office operations;
- Companies to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you;
- Other members of the Etihad Aviation Group around the world, including Etihad Airways for the provision of services by Airways trainers;
- Accommodation, travel and transport providers, including members of the Etihad Aviation Group such as Hala Travel, and third parties to provide services to you;
- Customs and/or immigration departments or other regulatory authorities;
- Other agencies, law enforcement or governmental organisations where we are required to so by any applicable law; or
- Our contractors and other third party agents outside of the Etihad Airways Group for any of the above or to send you marketing information on our behalf.
Please note that some of these data recipients may be based in territories such as the United Arab Emirates or the United States of America, whose laws do not offer, in the opinion of the European Commission or the Director of the Spanish Data Protection Agency, an adequate level of data protection.
If you would like to know more about who we share your personal information with please click here or write to the Ethics and Compliance Office, Etihad Airways, PO Box 35566, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
How we protect your information
We invest significant resources in protecting the security and confidentiality of personal information.
- We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access to that information; and
- We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose to us via email or online.
More about direct marketing
- We are committed to keeping you informed about our products and services in line with your personal preferences. We will always ask your permission before sending marketing material, whether about our services of those or our preferred partners.
- We will usually send this by email but we may choose to contact you in other ways for example by phone, post, SMS and/or other electronic means if that is more appropriate. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing material at any time by contacting us.
Accessing your personal information
In some countries, you have the right to see or access the personal information we hold about you. You may also have the right to ask us to rectify our records, stop processing your information, delete the data we hold about you, or to receive a copy of the information we have in a portable form. To exercise any of these rights, or for more information about them, please write to the Ethics and Compliance Office, Etihad Aviation Group, PO Box 35566, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates or click here to send your request via the web. The Group Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) may also be contacted at this location; the DPO is available to receive any complaints or queries you may have regarding your personal information.
If you are concerned that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect, out of date or may be used inappropriately, please click here or write to the address above to report your concerns and we will take appropriate steps to amend our records. These arrangements are without prejudice to any statutory rights you may have in your country to require us to rectify, cease processing and / or delete certain records, or enforce privacy rights before a local data protection supervisory authority.
Transfer of your personal information
We need to transfer the personal information referred to in this policy across Etihad Aviation Group to help operate our business efficiently. We also allow third party service providers to process personal information where this is needed in connection with a service they provide to us. These arrangements may involve your personal information being located in various countries around the world. The countries to which we commonly disclose your personal information include the UAE, where we have our head offices, the US, UK and the countries where you are flying to and from. Some of these countries, for example, the US and the UAE, may not have data protection laws that provide an equivalent level of data privacy protection as the laws in your country of residence.
When in these countries, your personal information may, where legally permitted, be disclosed as required by applicable law. This may include providing access to foreign courts or governmental authorities but we will only do this where we are legally obligated and permitted to do so.
We will always strive to adopt the highest standards of privacy protection, wherever your personal information is located and adopt appropriate measures (consistent with locally applicable privacy laws) to secure an adequate level of privacy protection.
Retaining your personal information
Our policy on "cookies"
A cookie is an element of data that a website sends to your browser, which then stores it on your system. Cookies may collect personal information about you. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. Cookies also allow us to make our website more user-friendly by, for example, allowing us to take you to the language site of last use, so that we can give you a better experience when you return to our website.
A cookie will be deployed on your device when you visit the Etihad Aviation Training Website unless you indicate that you do not wish this to happen or if you have turned this feature 'off' in your web browser settings.
You may have the right to complain about our data processing to your local data protection supervisory authority. If you wish to make such a complaint, you can find information about the various supervisory authorities via their websites. This right is in addition to any rights you may have to raise a complaint with us.
We are aware of some people and organisations, unrelated to Etihad Aviation Group, sending emails or otherwise contacting people to make fraudulent offers of employment. These people and organisations may request personal information or money from you in order to progress the application. We would strongly advise you never to provide your bank account or credit card details as part of an employment application.
During our recruitment process you will always be asked to meet face-to-face with a representative of the Etihad Aviation Group for an interview before any formal offer of employment is made. More information on our recruitment process may be found here opens in a new window.
No member of Etihad Aviation Group will ever ask for payment of any kind, including money transfers, from job applicants. We will never ask for advance payment from you for travel expenses or visas/work permits if your application is successful.
If you are asked for money in order to process or take up a job opportunity with us please treat it as fraudulent and contact us immediately.